Cut and Run is a collective who aggregates and disseminates omnivorous aural media. In particular, we produce a weekly radio show – Soundscape – on CFRO 100.5 FM Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, maintain this sound/event/review archive, and host/curate/promote events. We are form agnostics, curatorial inquisitives and anthropological diggers.
While we consider ourselves inheritors of a legacy of acoustic ecology and experimental music, we are attached more to the processes exhibited in these traditions rather than the genres to which these terms can refer. How one inhabits experimental listening in the present moment is very much an open question.
On-air and on-line you can hear:
- Interviews, artist profiles and local, national and international guests
- Soundscapes, field recordings and other musics presented askance
- Themed explorations of aural media and its consumption.
- Spoken texts, lectures, essays and rants…
….all Cut and Run.
We accept demos and promotional materials at this mailing address:
Soundscape c/o CFRO Vancouver Co-Operative Radio
110 – 360 Columbia Street
We listen to everything that gets sent our way, but we can promise only to play what we find appropriate to Soundscape’s programme. Thanks for your consideration.
- Alexandra Spence / alxs – afivepence, soundcloud
- Brian Beaudry / vehscle – Soundcloud, Bandcamp
- Alex Muir – No Reading After The Internet
- Mathieu Ruhlmann – mathieuruhlmann.com, Soundcloud
- Brady Marks / furiousgreencloud – furiousgreencloud.com
If you listen and have regular income, please support this work – Become a patron here.