This episode was a delight to research and put together. I discovered the ‘chill Mario study music’ trend and got to nerd out choosing epic themes and immersive soundscapes. Brady Marks shared some original vocal pitch analyses of video game characters, which we’ll follow up in a later episode to see where her work with them goes. In the meantime, here’s the download link. Enjoy us discussing and playing our first set of video game sounds!
- Sat, Mar 23 20:00 – Sun, Mar 24 1:00:Act 3
- Sun, Mar 24 21:30 – 22:30:Earth Hour
- Sun, Mar 31 20:00 – 23:00:WoodStockhausen 2019: Woodstock's 50th Anniversary
- Wed, Apr 3 20:00 – Thu, Apr 4 0:00:Acid Mothers Temple with Yamantaka // Sonic Titan at Fox Cabaret
- Thu, Oct 17 – Sat, Oct 19:Featival: Leaning Out of Windows
1970s 1980s 2000s 2010s Acoustic Acoustic Ecology Ambient Analogue Analogue Electronics Analogue Synth Avantgarde Canada Chamber Music Contemporary Classical Contemporary Composition Digital Drone Electro Electroacoustic Electronic Experimental Field Recording Folk France Improvisation Instrumental Interactive Italy Japan Live Music Lo-Fi Minimal Modern Classical Modern Composition Musique Concrète Noise Post-Classical Serialism Sound Installation Techno United Kingdom United States Vancouver Vocal Workshop