This episode was a delight to research and put together. I discovered the ‘chill Mario study music’ trend and got to nerd out choosing epic themes and immersive soundscapes. Brady Marks shared some original vocal pitch analyses of video game characters, which we’ll follow up in a later episode to see where her work with them goes. In the meantime, here’s the download link. Enjoy us discussing and playing our first set of video game sounds!
- Fri, Jan 18 20:00 – Sat, Jan 19 0:00:Quiet City #56: Norm Chambers
- Wed, Jan 23 9:00 – 10:00:CRES / Media Arts Committee presents Sound Artist In Residence presenter evening at the station.
- Wed, Jan 23 21:00 – 22:00:The Soundscape - Cut and Run - Radio Show 100.5FM, with Alex Muir Featuring "Climate Studies"
- Wed, Mar 6 20:00 – 23:00:Quiet City #59: Alex Zhang Hungtai
- Sun, Mar 24 20:30 – 21:30:Earth Hour
1970s 1980s 2000s 2010s Acoustic Acoustic Ecology Ambient Analogue Analogue Electronics Analogue Synth Avantgarde Canada Chamber Music Contemporary Classical Contemporary Composition Digital Drone Electro Electroacoustic Electronic Experimental Field Recording Folk France Improvisation Instrumental Interactive Italy Japan Live Music Lo-Fi Minimal Modern Classical Modern Composition Musique Concrète Noise Post-Classical Serialism Sound Installation Techno United Kingdom United States Vancouver Vocal Workshop