Introducing our new collective member, Helena Krobath, who revisits her childhood hometown in this episode, ‘Mission Revisited.’ The show proceeds from sharing historical World Soundscape Project (WSP) recordings of Mission from 1973, towards Helena’s electro-acoustic composition exploring the local backwoods recreation areas. Along the way we learn of a number of conceptual frameworks for considering the changes in Mission itself and how we view Mission’s parklands.
- WSP, Service in the Abbey (Van134C3)
- Heritage Park music and crowd
- WSP, Bells in Woods (Van134A1)
- Hayward lakeside
- looking glass train
- can we pull into Hoover?
- car effects
- channel surfing: forest voices in the noise
- airplane and birds Hoover
- I Dreamt this was my Home