A mini theme of “One” traces minimalists tendencies which can’t let me go….
- One is the Loneliness Number – Not by Einsturzende Neubauten, but off Mimikry (2010) by anbb , a side project of Alva Noto & Blixa Bargeld [Einsturzende Neubauten] two of my favourite Berlin based sound heads, a cover of Three Dog Night, as an introduction into Oneness.
- Alanta – Wounded Knee – Shimmering New Vistas (2009), Really this theme was an excuse to play this track, not sure what is is about this track I stumbled upon from the archive.org, many moons ago, it’s ever let me go, deceptively simple, hauntingly articulated file under faux-neo-nativism or freak folk? Review.
- Raccon Song – Yamantaka / Sonic Titan – Yt/St (2011), is taged With: rock chinese traditional iroquois core psychedelic sludge ritual punk stoner rock Toronto at bandcamp. We thinks them Kindred.
- Clapping Music – Steve Reich – wikipedia does it best.
And more contemporaneously;
- Four Thousand Holes – John Luther Adam – Featured in a RadioLab podcast, John just won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Music, and since he work is often formulated as recompositions of soundscapes for orchestral instrumentation, I thought we’re dedicate 30min to this piece of his here.