I’m having a hard time figuring out if this is somewhat conventional pop (as electro takes on juke have become), or if it walks a finely obtuse line between beat science and ghetto house. It is equally reminiscent of Mark Fell (aka. SND) and DJ Spinn, glitch and juke, IDM and dancefloor. At times rather tooly, at others, greatly syncopated; but always pretty dancable. It belongs at Cut & Run because it has languished in my ‘to be sorted’ folder longer than most records manage. A worthwhile listen.
- Today 19:15 – 21:15:VNM - Sumire Yoshihara + Miyama McQueen-Tokita (Japan)
- Thu, Mar 22 19:00 – 21:00:Art After Dark Remix – April Session
- Wed, Apr 4 22:00 – 23:00:Soundscape Show with Ben W.
- Thu, Apr 5 20:00 – 21:00:The Brady Marks Show
- Fri, Apr 20 17:00 – 18:00:Wetland Project: Installation Opening