I’m having a hard time figuring out if this is somewhat conventional pop (as electro takes on juke have become), or if it walks a finely obtuse line between beat science and ghetto house. It is equally reminiscent of Mark Fell (aka. SND) and DJ Spinn, glitch and juke, IDM and dancefloor. At times rather tooly, at others, greatly syncopated; but always pretty dancable. It belongs at Cut & Run because it has languished in my ‘to be sorted’ folder longer than most records manage. A worthwhile listen.
- Fri, Sep 28 20:00 – 23:00:Acoustic Territories with Stefan Smulovitz and Lara Abadir
- Sat, Sep 29 12:00 – Sun, Sep 30 18:00:Make a Radio Transmitter (workshop)
- Sat, Oct 6 12:00 – 17:00:Plug In: synthesizer showcase for youth
- Tue, Oct 9 19:30 – 20:30:? CRES Meeting ?
- Fri, Oct 12 19:00 – 22:00:Reenacting Histories: A Talk by Dr. Sara Diamond