I’m having a hard time figuring out if this is somewhat conventional pop (as electro takes on juke have become), or if it walks a finely obtuse line between beat science and ghetto house. It is equally reminiscent of Mark Fell (aka. SND) and DJ Spinn, glitch and juke, IDM and dancefloor. At times rather tooly, at others, greatly syncopated; but always pretty dancable. It belongs at Cut & Run because it has languished in my ‘to be sorted’ folder longer than most records manage. A worthwhile listen.
- Fri, Dec 21 21:00 – Sat, Dec 22 0:00:Quiet City #55: Sarah Davachi
- Sat, Jan 5, 2019 22:00 – Sun, Jan 6, 2019 3:00:Turbotweak - Nekrokick, Samcore, Lisa Frank, RiDylan
- Fri, Jan 18, 2019 20:00 – Sat, Jan 19, 2019 0:00:Quiet City #56: Norm Chambers
- Sun, Mar 24, 2019 20:30 – 21:30:Earth Hour
- Thu, Oct 17, 2019 – Sat, Oct 19, 2019:Featival: Leaning Out of Windows
1970s 1980s 2000s 2010s Acoustic Acoustic Ecology Ambient Analogue Analogue Electronics Analogue Synth Avantgarde Canada Chamber Music Contemporary Classical Contemporary Composition Digital Drone Electro Electroacoustic Electronic Experimental Field Recording Folk France Improvisation Instrumental Interactive Italy Japan Live Music Lo-Fi Minimal Modern Classical Modern Composition Musique Concrète Noise Post-Classical Serialism Sound Installation Techno United Kingdom United States Vancouver Vocal Workshop